Followers

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #188 - It's All Rock and Roll to Me (Music)

Hi Fellow Crafters,

We have the pleasure of launching a brand new challenge over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges today.  First though, we have winners from our Ribbon challenge from last week.  They are up on the blog now so head on over to take a look and see if you were lucky this time. 

The very talented and kind Judith is our host this week and she has chosen a brilliant theme...


It's All Rock and Roll to Me

We would like you to make a project with a music theme.  It can be hip hop, dance, rap, heavy metal, pop or any other genre you fancy.  Our sponsor this week is the fantastic Kenny K.  


I just love these images and the DT were lucky to be able to work with Kenny K images.  I chose to use Rock Chick.  Here is my finished card...


Isn't she cool?!  I started with an 8" card blank but honestly I cut my DP too small and ended up making a slightly smaller card.  I mat and layered with Coredinations and then some dotty paper for DCWV.  To make the broken disc I cut up an old CD and then coloured it with a black ProMarker.  The music notes were cut using the Cricut ages ago so I'm not sure of the cartridge as it was just by chance that I found them in time to add them to my card!  


My image layer is a piece of silver textured card which I embossed using a Craft Concepts embossing folder and then cut out using Spellbinders Matting Basics B.  I coloured my image with ProMarkers in Ruby, Lipstick Red, Sky Blue, True Blue, Arctic Blue, Cool Greys 1, 3 and 5 and then fussy cut.  Before adding my image with foam pads I glued on the music note die cut from Memory Box.

I hope you'll join us with your tune this week at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Rachel...one of my fav KK images and the embossed silver is a terrific backdrop. hugs, Pat K xx

Ciska said...

Such a fun card Rachel, love your idea to use a real CD. The embossing om mirri really stands out too :)

Wendy said...

Absolutely fab Rachel.
Wendy x

coops said...

so stunning rachel.fab design and i love the sassy image :D

xx coops xx

Judith said...

I love this Rachel - the design is fab - it looks so 3d and great colours too! hugs Judith xx