Followers

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #165 - April Showers

Hi All,

We were delighted to see so many wonderful boxes last week.  The challenge winner and Top 3 have been posted so head over to Fab'n'Funky Challenges to see if it might be you.

We have another great challenge for you at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.  The brilliant Anne-Marie is our host and she has picked a great seasonal challenge...

April Showers

You can interpret this as you wish but please make sure that your project fits the theme.

We are spoiling you again this week with two sponsors - Flonzcraft and StampArt Design by Kathryne.  Just click on their name to be taken to their stores.

I have another Serif card for you this week.  I'm in the middle of making my brother's wedding invites so haven't been able to dedicate as much time to other crafting as I would have liked.  I hope you like what I have created though...


I thought the bright colours would cheer up the umbrella image.  I started by layering a white background behind the red patterned paper.  I added the strip of blue paper to match the umbrella which I had already colour picked to change it from pink.  Next I added the dotty paper and layered the same white material that I stated with for the background.  This has to be the most useful paper in the Serif range - plain white!  I used a punch to make a layer for my embellishment and then added the bunting, again changing the colour to match.  Once I added my shadows, I was done!

The inside looks like this...


I hope you can join us in the April Showers at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Rachel. I love the design and fabulous colours
Sue xx

Ciska said...

Love your digital design Rachel, can imagine you're pretty busy if you are making wedding invites. I did mine and I really didn't have that many to make but it drove me mad! How that won't happen to you, good luck :)

Pat said...

Super card Rachel, great image.

Pat xx

Beccy said...

I really love this card such a great layout. Hugs Beccy x

Judith said...

This is a cute fun card Rachel - a great quick and easy one - keep on plodding with the wedding invites Rachel - I know the feeling I'm m asking save the dates at the minute - have a great weekend hugs Judith x

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.i love your colour combo and fab image :D

xx coops xx

fiction book reviews said...

Lovely card - hugs Zoe x