Followers

Sunday 31 March 2013

Fairy Gemstone - Amethyst

Hi Everyone,

Happy Easter to you all.  I hope you've been able to enjoy some chocolate and sunshine.  We have had such great weather lately.  I'm going to cook come summer!

I was having a little experiment with the new Linda Ravenscroft Fairy Gemstones CD-ROM from Card Creations Plus and thought that if took an image into Serif I could use it make matching papers and embellies.  And it worked! 


I used the latest sketch from Sketch Saturday which is another great one...

I changed it up and made a 5" square card instead.  My printer seems to be a bit slow on picking up the images in Serif so my shadowing hasn't shown up so well.  It has also lightened the main backgournd colour so much that it is almost white instead of pink!

I also added an insert with the same bubble pattern.


To finish off I added Tim Holtz Glossy Accents to three of the bubbles on the front.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday #252
Everybody-Art-Challenge #229 - Fairy
Charisma Cardz Challenges #12 - Happy Birthday

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Judith said...

This is gorgeous Rachel - it just popped out at me on my dashboard - lovely! hugs Judith

Gretchen said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Your use of bubbles is fantastic.

coops said...

so stunning rachel.i really love the beautiful image and pretty colours :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this challenge.

Lisa xox

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

gorgeous!
awesome of you to join us at Charisma!!!