Followers

Saturday 12 January 2013

The Cuttlebug Spot DT Card - Triangles

Hi Everyone,

I hope you've all had a good start to the new year.  I've had a humongous abscess!  I couldn't even bear my hair touching my cheek!  Major bummer!  Plus I have a real fear of the dentist after a bad experience a few years ago so it hasn't been the best start to my new year.  Sorry, I went on a bit there!

So anyway, onto the latest challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.  We would like to see...

Triangles

Easy peasy lemon treasy!  Just use a triangle somewhere on your card or project and don't forget to use those Cuttlebugs.  I love mine.  We have a wonderful sponsor this week - Trina Clark from Digiscrap Kits.  The winner can pick 2 items from her amazing blog!
 
Digi Scrap Kits, Designs by Trina [home link]

Unfortunately Blogger is being a pain and I still can't upload any photos.  So head over to The Cuttlebug Spot blog to see my creation this week.  Once blogger starts to play ball again I'll add some photos to this post.  Update:  My lovely teamie, Brianna, suggested using a different browser and it has worked a treat!  So here is my card for our triangles challenge...



I created my card using the DayDream digikit in Serif's Craft Artist 2.  I love the colours of this kit - so pretty and girly.  Once I had my design sorted I split the layers and printed using my brand new A3 Brother printer!  Woo!  My brother bought me a Brother!  Lol!  Fab pressie and fab brother!  Although I think my future sister-in-law was the genius behind this wonderful gift. :)

I used a craft knife and steel ruler to cut out the layers and then distressed using Tim Holtz paper distresser tool, adding with foam pads from Hunkydory.  Love these foam pads.  I cut a butterfly using Spellbinders Wonderul Wings which is a brilliant set of beautiful butterfly dies.  I inked thorugh the die with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick.  Finally I used a computer generated sentiment and cut it out using Spellbinders Floral Tags, adding a crystal gem to each corner.


I hope you can join us at The Cuttlebug Spot for our Triangles challenge.  We'll have a brand new challenge on Tuesday so make sure to check back for that.

Happy Crafting,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh this is so pretty, love the soft colours. Hope your abscess heals soon, sounds painful. xx

coops said...

so beautiful rachel.gorgeous pretty butterfly and i love the soft pink.i hope your abscess is going now.

xx coops xx

Craftdee said...

Lovely delicate card, thanks too for the link to The Cuttlebug Spot - I love my Cuttlebug and use it all the time, now I know where there's a challenge I can use to share my makes :-) Thanks too for checking out my blog and leaving your sweet comments, I appreciate your visits Donna ☺

Donna Mosley said...

Wonderful card Rachel, love the design and very pretty details.

Donna x