Followers

Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Cuttlebug Spot DT Card - Circles

Hi Everyone,

Isn't January going in fast?  We're halfway through the month already.  I hope you are finding plenty of play time!

We are still celebrating our "Get Into Shape" month at The Cuttlebug Spot and are launching our brand new challenge today.  We would like to see...

Circles

You can choose how to incorporate a circle in any way you like - it couldn't be easier.

I decided to be on the ball with my Mam's birthday card this year as her birthday isn't until the end of February.  Inspiration just came to me!  And here is my circles card...


I started with a 6" Hunkydory card blank and placed a circles That Special Touch mask on top.  I spritzed through it using a Mister Huey spray in silver.  It has a lovely iridescent shimmer when moved in the light.  The teal card was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder in the From My Kitchen set.  The corners were rounded with an X-Cut corner punch.  It is really good at chomping through the double cardstock layer.  I added a strip of black card and some silver ribbon before attaching to the card blank.  


Using my Cuttlebug, I cut two circle layers, one from Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and the other from Spellbinders Standard Circles Small which are the perfect increments for layering.  My sewing machine came from Spellbinders Sewing Elements and I used a silver mirri-card for this.  I took a sanding block to the sewing machine to distress it a little in keeping with the inky background.  My finishing touch was to add three gems to the top right-hand corner.  These came from Create and Craft. I may add another circle to showcase a sentiment but have left it for now.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:

Allsorts Challenge Blog Week 189:  Dies and Punches

I hope you can join us for our circles challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.  
Happy crafting, 
Rachel x

6 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the colours and wonderful textures too.
hugs Sue

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, great colours.
luv
debby

brenda said...

Great use of your dies Rachel and effective use of your mica sprays.

It's lovely to see you at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Craftnut said...

Hi. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. Tracy x

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.fab design and i love your striking colours ;D

xx coops xx

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x