Followers

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #152 - Ribbon or Lace

Hi Everyone,

Less than a week to go until the big day - I hope you are all ready with your presents under the tree and food in the fridge!  I'm so not ready!  I never learn and always leave everything to the last minute but I'll get there.

Everyone did an amazing job in our Vintage Christmas challenge last week.  The winner and Top 3 are on the Fab'n'Funky Challenges blog right now so be sure to take a peek.

Of course it's time for a new challenge and we have the uber talented Sue as our host this week.  She has given us a super easy challenge too...

Ribbon or Lace

All you have to do is to use ribbon or lace on your project and link it up.  Perfect for this time of year when we are all trying to do 50,00 things at once!  You have until 30 December to enter and the winner and Top 3 will be annouced on 31 December.  Joanna Sheen as our sponsor this week and the randomly selected winner will receive a £10 voucher to spend in her online store.  Head on over to see what you would spend your winnings on by clicking here.

And here is my creation...


I started with my JustRite Snowfall Background Stamp and gave it a good covering with Versamark.  I stamped onto a minty coloured paper and then heat embossed with Inkadinkadoo Light Sparkle embossing powder.  The beautiful design doesn't show up as well with this embossing powder but I liked the sparkle it gave.  I added my topper onto mirri-card with foam pads.  My wide ribbon was recycled from some wrapping last Christmas.  I used Spellbinders Holiday Tags for my sentiment which is also from JustRite but from their Deck the Halls set.  I used another piece of recycled ribbon for my bow and finally I added the gems.



As this is our last challenge for 2012, I would like to wish all of our followers a very happy Christmas and a wonderful start to the New Year.  Thank you to everyone who has joined us during 2012 and those who have taken the time to leave comments - it is truly appreciated.  I hope you can all join us again in 2013 for plenty more fun challenges from 9 January. 

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the sparkle and beautiful colour with that fabulous ribbon too.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hugs Sue

Vicky said...

Rachel, the simplicity of your card is gorgeous, something I can never quite pull off!! Have a great Christmas

love 'n' hugs Vicky xxx

Pat said...

Lovely card Rachel, hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

Pat xx

Judith said...

Ooo! I love the sparkle on this Rachel and such a gorgeous colour - wishing you a merry Christmas and happy new year hugs Judith x

coops said...

simply stunning rachel.the sparkle is beautiful :D

xx coops xx