Followers

Saturday 6 October 2012

Spellbinding Fun!

Hi Crafty People,

I'm having a rather lazy Saturday.  It started off great with a workout and then some crafting but I've really done nothing this pm!  I thought I would show you what I've been working on this weekend though.  I sent in an email to Leonie on Create and Craft this morning but I think I was just out of time.  :(  There's always next time though.

The world exclusive Spellbinders Pick of the Day that was on C&C a couple of weeks ago was just to die for!  Geddit?!  The dies are called D-Lites as they are smaller but more intricate in style.  I can't chose my favourite yet but this one is definitely in my top 5!


I used the smallest of the Spellbinders Grand Dahlia dies to make my card blank and then stamped around with Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Distress Ink, using a Debbi Moore flourish stamp.  The centrepiece is made from the D-Lites and this is Medallion Four.  The base is silver-mirri paper and then topped with an inked purple layer.  I cut the sentiment stamp from the Ribbon Banners set and then inked thought with DC DI again.  The butterfly is also a Spellbinders die and came from the Butterflies Two set, which was inked within an inch of it's life too!  I added a diamante to the centre of the butterfly for extra bling. 


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Totally PaperCrafts #137 - Let's See Those Shapes
Make It Monday #109 - Anything Goes
By The Cute and Girly - Birthdays

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are having a great World Card Making Day 2012.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful hun...and loving the colours too...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.stunning colours and i love the fab shape :D

xx coops xx

Chrissy said...

This is gorgeous Rachel, love the colours and such a gorgeous die.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Rachel! Love the gorgeous butterfly with the gem and the die cuts! Fab work!

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, a great shape too
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Uta said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love this shape. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Hugs, Uta

Kate said...

Lovely shades of purple, great card. Thanks for joining in our birthday challenge at By The Cute And Girly this month.

** Kate **