Followers

Thursday 25 October 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #144 - Animals

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well.  I'm still recovering from a terrible bout of flu but on the mend now.  I have a craft fair coming up next weekend and it's my first one so I need to be fitting fit for that. 

If you are curious about our challenge winners from last week, check out the Fab'n'Funky Challenges blog.  There were so many wonderful entries and great colour combos.

This week we have the lovely Sue as our host and you really should check out her amazing card for this week.  It's so cute!  Now then, Sue had chosen a fab challenge...

Animals

So dig out those animal-themed stamps and papers and get crafting!  Our brilliant sponsors this week are Crimson Cloud and DigiDarla Designs.  What a treat!  Two sponsors mean two prizes! 

The Design Team also had fab images from DigiDarla Designs to use for our challenge this week.  I chose this cute little dog with an envelope.


Apologies for the terrible colouring job in this little puppy.  I've been really poorly with the flu and hadn't made anything in advance.  I am slightly embarrassed at how bad this has turned out! 

I started with a 6" square scalloped card and then mat and layered brown cardstock and paw print paper.  I coloured the doily with my Putty ProMarker and attached with a tape runner.  The image was also coloured with ProMarkers in Putty, Satin, Caramel, Pale Pink and Dusky Rose.

My flowers are from a set by 3Birds.  I used a embossing folder to add the textured pattern.  I cut the sentiment and image using Labels Twenty  from Spellbinders.

I hope you'll be able to join us this week in celebrating all things animal.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Sue said...

Oh poor you Rachel, I hope you feel loads better soon. Well done to you for making a card desipe feeling poorly and it is gorgeous too, I love that cute dog and the beautiful detailing you have added.
Thank you for saying such nice things about my card, you are so kind.
Take care
Hugs Sue

Pat K said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well Rach :(

Sweet card using this cute image. Great layout and I love the paw prints on your dp.

Hope you feel better soon. hugs,

coops said...

so adorable rachel.i love your fab design and colours and really gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Basslady said...

this is so sweet and delightful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo