Followers

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenge #138 - Harvest Festival

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying a great week and that the weather is still holding out for you.  It has been sunny and chucking it down in equal measures here this week. 

So, on to our next challenge at Fab'n'Funky Challenges and it's a seasonal one that has been chosen by our host for this week, Vicky.  Check out her amazing blog.  Our theme this week is...

Harvest Festival

We also have the brilliant Digi Doodle Shop as our sponsor and the challenge winner will receive a $10 voucher to spend in their online shop.



Now then, brace yourselves!  I've tried my hand at polymer clay this week.  I saw a demo in an old edition of Cardmaking and Papercraft and knew that this lovely image would be perfect with it.


I started by rolling lots of long thin strips of the brown polymer clay and then twisting them together to make the basket pieces.  I laid them over the magazine template, placing a piece of rolled up tin foil underneath to make the basket slightly raised.  Once the basket was baked in the oven, I made the strawberries and then popped them into the oven.  I used Pinflair glue gel to attach the strawberries and basket.


The lovely image of the Strawberry Fairy from Digi Doodle Shop was coloured with ProMarkers in Vanilla, Gold, Blush, Almond, Pear Green, Lipstick Red and Ruby.  The full image has lovely leafy strawberries but it was just too much with the basket so I cut her out with scissors.  To glitter her wings I had another copy of the image already printed and I cut out the wings with a craft knife and then sprayed Crafter's Companion Irredecsent glitter through the aperature.  I was a bit heavy-handed though!  I attached the image with foam pads after shaping.


The green layer under the basket is from Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circles One.  It is the perfect fit for a 6" card blank.  The papers came free with my Quick Cards Made Easy mag a few months ago.  I did add a sentiment but thought it was too much so removed it again but you never know, it might make it back on again!

I hope you have fun with your harvest projects this week.  Looking forward to checking them all out. 

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Sue said...

This is wonderful Rachel. I love your basket and yummy looking strawberries. The image is gorgeous and the layout is fabulous too

Hugs Sue

Judith said...

This is fab Rachel - very creative and a great idea for this weeks challenge hugs Judith x

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.really sweet image and i love your basket of straberries :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Beautiful Rachel, I love the basket, so different and really pretty!! your colouring is great

hugs Vicky xxx

Shirley said...

What a fun card Rachel! I have been wanting to play some Polymer clay for a while now, but have never ventured very far with it. Is it very light weight once cooked?

Pat K said...

Great card Rachel. The basket is awesome...can't believe it's just your first time using polymer clay - great job! Love the texture it adds. Cute image too. hugs, Pat K.x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous basket!

Love
Maarit

Emma H said...

Wow, very cool and creative! Love the basket!