Followers

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenges # 126 - Polka Dots

Hi Everyone,

We sure do have a lot of wonderful Dads!  One winner has been picked at random and Emma has also chosen her top 3.  What a hard job she had with so many wonderful entries.  Check out the Fab'n'Funky Challenges blog to see if it was you!  Don't forget to grab your badges.

Now onto the challenge for this week and we have the lovely Anne-Marie as our host.  She has chosen one of my favourite challenges so far...

Polka Dots

I loved making this card.  It just came together when I saw the wonderful Bugaboo image.  We are so lucky to have them as our sponsor this week.  Check out the brilliant Bugaboo Stamps website for some great digi's and inspiration.




Apologies for the slightly blurred image.  I think my ribbon flower was so big that the camera kept trying to focus on that instead of the whole card!

I used Kanban Tutti Frutti pearlescent cardstock for the base card and scored it in half with my Ultimate Pro.  I added a section of polka dot paper and then punched a scalloped edge into brown pearlescent cardstock.  This was achieved with an EK Success punch.  The glittery ribbon came from DoCrafts online store.  I coloured the image with Promarkers in the following colours:

Cinnamon
Henna
Walnut
China Blue
Cobolt Blue
Blender

The shape for my image is one of the Spellbinders Grand Labels Twenty Three.  The ribbon rose actually started life as wired ribbon on a Christmas present!  I pulled out the wire from one edge of the ribbon and then scrunched up the other edge, still on the wire, to make a ruffle effect.  I  attached it to a length of super sticky tape on my craft sheet and simply rolled it up and then secured the end into the tape.  It is attached with another piece of super sticky.  My sentiment came free from Create and Craft as part of the Club Member's free gift about a year ago.

Looking forward to seeing your dotty projects. 

Happy Crafting,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Sue said...

fabulous card Rachel, love the image and colours and the ribbon rose is beautiful

Sue

Vicky said...

Those shoes are a must have!!! I love your colour scheme and a great layout too

hugs Vicky x x x

coops said...

gorgeous card rachel.fab shoes and i love your colours :D

xx coops xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Fabulous card Rachel, love the ribbon flower. I have a wee award for you on my blog. xx