Followers

Sunday 18 March 2012

What a Blast!

A couple of months ago I mentioned that I was heading to Glasgow this month for the Hobbycrafts and Creative Stitches show.  Well that was last weekend and I think I've just about recovered from all the shopping now!  As we don't have much in the way of shopping here, when I get let loose on the big smoke I tend to make the most of it!  My luggage was actually 5kg over the weight restriction coming back and from this photo you might see why!


I went with my Mam and we had such a good weekend.  We also managed to fit in a bit of shopping on Argyle Street and Sauchiehall Street too!  It's no wonder my bag was overweight!  Whilst we were there I also had my final bridesmaid dress fitting.  The wedding is on 20 April and time sure is marching on!  Look out for a post about the wedding invites soon.  Now that have gone out I can share them with you all.

Did anyone else make it to the show in Glasgow?  The place certainly was packed.  We managed to catch a bit of the fashion show on Saturday afternoon in the Creative Stitches hall.  Some of the pieces, especially those inspired by the 1950s were really great.  Others weren't really my taste but very creative. 

I'm itching to get back down for the next one and have suggested that we make another trip in October for the Christmas version of the show but Mam isn't commiting just yet! 

Happy crafting
Rachel x

1 comment:

Wendy Fraser said...

Ooh, lovely goodies! I just go once a year, in october to the SECC, it's the highlight of my whole year! I save £10 a week in a jar, starting in january and I get money for my birthday in september so I have a massive spend up! Enjoy playing with your new stash. xx