Followers

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenge #113 - Honour your Mum

What a lucky DT we were last week with all of your wonderful entries.  Green was a popular choice but the Irish themed cards were great.  Check out the Fab'n'Funky Challenge Blog to see if you were our lucky winner. 

This week we have chosen to celebrate Mother's Day and our theme is...

Honour Your Mum

Our wonderful sponsor Doodle Pantry gave the DT some super images to use and this is my make...


What a cute little birdie!  This is my first straight easel card as I've only ever made twisted easels in the past.  I covered the inside and front with paper from DCWV and then cut the edge of the front using the Spellbinders Classic Ric Rac die.  I held the die almost a centimetre above the edge and then used my Quickie Glue Pen to add glitter.  I used Diamond Sparkles in Butterfly Kisses. 



The birdie was coloured with Promarkers in Cyan, Grass and Bright Orange.  I mounted the image into plain white card and then orange Core'dinations and distressed the edge with my new Tim Holtz Paper Distresser.  The sentiment is computer generated and mounted with foam tape using the Spellbinders Classic Diamonds to match the main image.  I added three co-ordinating flowers that I recently bought from eBay to finish it off and add another girly touch. 

Hope all the yummy mummies out there had a great Mother's Day.  I spent most of the day at my parents house and had a lovely meal and a good giggle with my Mam. 

If anyone was watching Create and Craft on Saturday morning during the 11am show, you might have heard Martyn read out my email.  I asked if he could wish my Mam a happy Mother's Day and he did a splendid job.  She was bowled over!  Next thing I knew my email had been pulled out of the cup of chance and I won the beautiful card that Tina Cox (parchment guru!) made during the show. 

Anyway enough of my ramblings!  Enjoy your week everyone.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Wendy Fraser said...

Aww, what a sweet image! Super colour combo too and I love the glitter. xx

Vicky said...

So sweet Rachel..love the cute image and fabulous colours too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Judith said...

Sweet card Rachel - love how you tied in all the colours hugs judith x

coops said...

gorgeous card rachael.fab sweet image and design :D

xx coops xx