Followers

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Trying Something New

Hope you've all had a good week.  We've had no snow here so far but I think it's threatening to arrive on Friday.  Just in time for the weekend!  What a loved up bunch you all are!  We had a great response to our Love is in the air challenge last week and don't forget top pop over to the Fab'n'Funky blog to see if you were one of our lucky winners. 

Now on to the next Challenge and it's a cracker! 

Try Something New

This could be a new technique or a completely new craft.  Looking forward to seeing what you're all trying this week.  I gave Metal Magic a go and this was the result:-


I'll be honest and say that Debbie Moore does make it look incredibly easy on the TV.  It wasn't too hard but I did have a couple of goes before I was happy.  Top tip - die cut before using Metal Magic!

This is actually my first commissioned card.  My Mam asked me to make a card for my cousin's 21 birthday at the beginning of next month.  I know that she likes turquoise so I thought I would make that the focus of the card.  It was a stroke of luck really that I had some brown and turquoise Metal Magic powder to match. 



I die cut the shape using Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three and then covered entirely with Perfect Medium clear ink.  Once I had poured the Metal Magic over the shape, I carefully tipped the excess back into the pot.  It is important not to tap as the powder will simply fall off. 

Using my heat tool, I heated from the back and watched as the magic happened!  I did this same process a second time and then quickly stamped the numbers before it hardened.  The background paper is from Debbi Moore's Glitter and Glitz Paris Glamour CD-ROM.  I love Debbi Moore's ranges - very glitzy and so elegant.  I've got lots of ideas for cards, I just need a few more days in the week!  I cut the paper into three using my Tonic guillotine and attached with foam tape.

Happy Crafting
Rachel x

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Simply fabulous hun...and I so love the colours too :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

this is stunning rachel.really striking design :D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Rachel, gorgeous colour.
Wendy xx