Followers

Sunday 5 February 2012

Tatty Ted Likes Butterflies Too

Tatty Ted is so cute and I couldn't resist making this card for my friend's birthday next week.  Fingers crossed she doesn't decide to look up my blog before I give it to her! 


I designed the card using the DoCrafts Digital Designer (DD) software and the inspiration for the sketch was something I found a while ago on the internet.  I can't remember where I found it though.  I made sure I shadowed each layer to make them jump off the page.  Once I had printed and cut out the design, I attached three turquoise gems to the top corner.  Simples!

In case there are any other crafters who have had difficulty in printing their creations straight from the DD software, I thought I would share with you how I fixed this problem.  I exported the whole file as an image and saved it in my pictures directory.  Then I used the Windows print function, making sure to uncheck the fit picture to frame box.  The gave me a border around the card and I was able to print knowing that the image would be perfect.  My printer isn't the best but does have an option to print borderless.  However, this didn't work for the DD software.  Hope this can help anyone with the same problem.

Happy crafting
Rachel x

3 comments:

Vicky said...

So cute Rachel...!

stay warm hun...and big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

stunning card rachel.i love your pretty colours and gorgeous tatty ted ;D

xx coops xx

catherine said...

This is a really pretty card Rachel. I love Tatty Teddy and he is so cute
x catherine