Followers

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Love is in the air...

Judging by the number of entries for last week's challenge, you all love your digi images!  Great entries all round too.  Check out Fab'n'Funky Challenges for the winners and our latest challenge.  Its a good un!

And without further ado lets get onto the next challenge:-

Love is in the air...

The DT had two great images from our sponsor Phindy's Place to play with and they were utterly adorable.  Here is my take on the theme:-


The card blank is actually made from Core'dinations.  I wasn't sure if this would be strong enough but it has stood up to four layers of foam tape!  Yes, I think I went a bit mad!  This is also my first attempt at blonde hair!  I think some extra practise is in order!  Maybe about half way there!  I used Promarkers in almond, blush and rose pink (skin), primrose, ivory and lemon (hair), cobalt blue and indigo blue (dress) and amethyst (top, leggings and shoes).  I also used a new technique for the heart and dug out my bottle of Glossy Accents.  I was really impressed with how easy this was to use.  The wings were sparkled with MCS glitter. 

I cut out the base for the image and the sentiment with Spellbinders Labels 20.  I added baker's twine tied in a knot near to the top edge of the card. The blue card is actually plain white card coloured with a Promarker in Indigo Blue to get the perfect colour match.  This is a really handy technique which I seem to be using more and more.  I embossed a piece of the same Core'dinations with a flowery Crafts Too embossing folder run through my Cuttlebug.  This was sanded to show the core colour.  The three pearls were from Create and Craft and came free when I bought a storage carousel.  Nothing better than something for free!

Happy crafting
Rachel x

3 comments:

Vicky said...

So cute Rachel...love the image and great layout too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

beautiful card rachel.the image is gorgeous and i love your colours ;D

xx coops xx

Anna said...

Hi Rachel. Thank you for becoming a follower at my blog. Best of luck on my candy :)
Hugs