Followers

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Black and Gold Birthday

Another day, another card!  This one was made in my lunch hour!  Been so busy recently and the time has just flown so when my Mam's birthday rolled around this Tues I was a little behind in my cardmaking.  I'm planning something rather spectacular for Mother's Day though so keep your eyes peeled! 



I stated with an A4 sheet of card and scored it in half with my Ultimate Pro.  I'm not sure how I ever made a card without it.  Then I covered with the gold and black paper which I printed from Debbi Moore's Glamour and Glitz New York CD-ROM.  I cut out the decopage image a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how easy the layers were to cut out.  I used mounting foam to give the layers some dimension. 

The sentiment tag was made with the Spellbinders Ribbon Banners covered in Perfect Medium ink and then dusted with Metal Magic.  I did two layers and then added a gold peel off.  It hasn't shown up very well in the photo and now that the card is sitting on the mantelpiece at my parents house, taking a close-up won't be so easy!  When I get one, I'll add it to this post though.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

2 comments:

catherine said...

fantastic card rachael and I have the CD. Everything is so beautiful on it and so glamourous
x catherine

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab card, very glam. xx